Hey Everybody

I've started this Blog page because I'm trying to get the word out about Jesus and about how I believe we as Christians should live. I do not mean to tick people off so all I'm asking is for you to search the scriptures and determine for yourself how you are supposed to live. Thanks for reading,
Love in Christ,
Mickey

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Follow Up

Ok so it's been 2 days since my conviction post. There have been no comments and only 1 person has thanked me for the post. But that's ok cause it's not about me. I'm just trying to be honest about a huge problem.

What's the problem? Well the problem is having millions of people claiming to be Christians who live no differently than those who are not Christians! When people look at your life or mine do they see a difference that Jesus is making in you that they desire? Or do they see your actions and mine as no different than theirs?

I really want people to desire the Jesus that I know. So I'm convinced that for that to happen then I must start living how the Bible has called me to live.

Galatians 2:20
20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I have to put my selfishness on the back burner and look for ways to minister to all those around me. These things will not happen due to me being a good person, cause I'm not. They will only happen as I let Jesus live thru me. This is why reading the Bible, praying, and going to church are so necessary.

In the past 2 days I have had to close the Internet and turn off the TV and force myself to read some scripture and talk to God in prayer. This may be easy for you, praise God, cause it's not always easy for me. But this is a necessary step for me that I'm committed to take. What about you? Are you like me tired of playing CHURCH games? Going to church week after week and not really experiencing spiritual growth because of it. What are you gonna do to make a change?

5 comments:

  1. Mickey,
    I too struggle daily with my walk. I even feel that sometimes I turned away from GOD after my illness because I felt so judge by his people when I was ill. I also feel the same way it is not easy to turn your TV off and read your bible or for that matter not use the internet. I will also tell you this that I myself see signs of what playing church can do to ones family. I personally struggle with having to get my girls to even go on Sunday morning because they are out of the rountine and the word. We all are!!! So what you are doing is a good thing and I love you in the Lord for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mickey,
    I too am concerned to hear so many claim to be christians and so little evidence of it. I think in a way it is reflected back to us so that we will not forget why we are here. To Glorify Christ in our lives. Satan uses laziness to discourage even the strong. He wants us on the defense rather than on offense. Remember the study we did called "A Call To Die"? That study changed me forever. Realizing that we have to die dailey to our selfish desires and allow God to replace that with His will for us. I learned to spend moments all through the day just talking to God and it is the highlight of every day. Sometimes I go back and read some of my notes from that study. Thank you for that. Be encouraged. Sometimes God opens the eyes of our hearts and we get a glimps of Him. That motivates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary thanks for your encouragement. It's cool that we recognize the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh. I think so many have hearts that have calloused to the point that a casual walk with Christ suits them. I also think that your kids and kids in general would like going to church if they saw that genuine Christians were the norm and not just the pastor and a few others.

    Danny I sure do remember "A Call to Die." It was written by David Nassar and it's a hard book to find anymore. It never made the top 10, wonder why! My copy has made it into the hands of 2 of our college students so far here in Gautier. It's a great read and a very challenging read at that!

    I have been working on the selfishness in my life and knowing I can't stop being selfish 100%, so I'm trying to cut out 20-30 minutes of extra time for working on my relationship with God every day. Oh I still have a devotional/quiet time in the mornings so this is some extra that I need to do.

    It's like you said, learning to spend moments talking to God throughout the day.

    Thanks again you 2. Hopefully others will come along, share whatsup with them, and grow in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mickey,
    This is so true! I know for me, the trick is to just keep plugging along when I feel that my faith is lagging - and I have learned, thank GOD, the difference between religion and faith. Being deliberate in our time spent with God, whether it is moments here and there throughout the day, or an hour at a time, is so crucial to our faith walk with Him. Thanks for sharing your perspective, and for opening yourself up to others about your love for HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer that is so true, we have to be deliberate in our time with God. If we don't focus on God's Word, we won't see what He wants to tell us. If we don't focus as we pray, we won't hear from Him!

    ReplyDelete