Hey Everybody

I've started this Blog page because I'm trying to get the word out about Jesus and about how I believe we as Christians should live. I do not mean to tick people off so all I'm asking is for you to search the scriptures and determine for yourself how you are supposed to live. Thanks for reading,
Love in Christ,
Mickey

Saturday, July 3, 2010

5 Weeks Later

I haven't posted of this blog in over 5 weeks but the good news is that I'm still walking with God! I guess I just didn't see fruit from this but someone on an iPad forum just encouraged me to continue so here goes.

I became a grandpa yesterday and her name is Railey Anne! She is precious and it's gonna be fun being in her life. As we were traveling to the hospital yesterday for her birth, I was thinking to myself about the blend or mixture of spoiling her and also humbling her! As her grandpa and as a Christian I've got to plan to spoil and to teach. I believe most kids today, actually people in general, believe that life is all about them. Maybe they don't actually believe that but they do live it!

So I sure want Railey to know she is special and wonderful but I also want her to know that she is those things and more because of what Jesus has done and is doing for her. I know her mom and dad will do great with that and her church as well but the world will tell her over and over that it's all about her, her feelings, and what she wants so as grandparents I plan to bring Jesus into the picture early and often!

How about you and I? Is life all about us? Our, wants and desires? If you're like me that's really a struggle and we've been comforted and pampered for so long that we're living the EASY Christian life. The problem is that Jesus said there was no such thing. He said that since He was persecuted we could count on being persecuted as well. Are we being persecuted? If not why not?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mickey , I'm glad you went back to posting. I'm glad that you are able to share the word of Jesus with us. I'm a Christian and have trouble concentrating on my walk, but I know that my path is becoming much clearer to see daily. I look forward to your commentary. Stay blessed. Ipadgirl70 aka Danielle

    ReplyDelete